Carl S. Goode
I practice in the areas of tax law, estate planning, estate administration, trusts, and elder law. I received an accounting degree and a law degree from LSU. After graduating from law school, I served my country for three years as a Captain in the U. S. Army Judge Advocate General's Court (Army lawyer). Upon completion of my military service, I attended Washington University in St. Louis and earned a Master of Law's (L.L.M.) in taxation.
I have two sons and three grandsons, all of whom live in the greater Houston area. On the personal side, I actively participate in my church and love to play golf. I also regularly attend LSU football and basketball games.
I was formerly a partner in a mid-size law firm, but after the reorganization of that firm I decided to open my own office. I am actively assisted in my law practice by my assistant Kim Moss Pinegar, who has been with me for 32 years.
I actively assist clients in tax planning, drafting wills and trusts, long term care planning, and forming and selling businesses. I practice law because I enjoy helping people deal with legal issues. My goal is to explain the issues my clients face, and the options they have, in as simple a way as possible so they understand the issues raised and the solutions I suggested. My clients constantly express their satisfaction that I am able to discuss their issues in "plain English."
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- LL.M. - 1979
- Honors: Characterized by the first director of the Washington University Graduate Tax Program as being one of the top six graduates in the ten year history of the program
- Major: Taxation
- Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Accounting
- Active member of First United Methodist Church in Baton Rouge
- Army JAGC program, Captain
- Louisiana Law Firm of Seale & Ross, Partner
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified as an Estate Planning and Administration Specialist and as a Tax Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
Current Employment Position
- Estate Planning
- Probate Successions
- Tax Law
- Elder Law
- Louisiana, 1974
- Missouri, 1979
- Listed in the 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2019, and 2020, editions of Louisiana Super Lawyers
- AV® Peer Review Rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Selected as an Expertise Top Probate Attorney in Baton Rouge, 2021